26 July 2007

Pictures from MUD

Abingdon Square by Maria Irene Fornes was the first show I designed all on my own in spring of 2004. It has a special place in my heart not only for that reason, it is also a wonderful play that struck a cord with me right away. I remember the first time I saw Abingdon Square AFTER having read this play, in the West Village/meatpacking district, shooting Bill Grady's video in June of '04. (http://www.billgrady.net/pages/pages_grid/video.html). It was an eerie feeling. A lot of her plays leave you with a feeling like that.

I was excited when I got a chance to work on another of Fornes' plays... this time a much lesser-known conceptual piece called Mud. It was a three-night showcase that showed at The Red Room Theatre on e. 4th St. July 19-21st. It was beautifully directed, and the actors were amazing. Susan Soetaert at Lehman College allowed me to borrow some costumes from her stock, for which I am immensely grateful. Check out the production company at myspace.com/mudfornes2007, and check out the pics in these slideshows below:




No comments: